Monday, December 5, 2011

The Epic Begins

It's official!  Nando and I can move to Australia together without me being an illegal immigrant.  As of this morning, I am legally allowed to live and work there! 

As excited as I am, it feels almost anti-climactic after months of waiting to hear something.   Weren't we supposed to have to go through intense interviews where he knows the brand of skin cream I use and I know that his favorite hockey player is Alex Ovechkin (#8 on the Washington Capitals by the way)?   Ah well, in this particular case, I'm happy to not have much more of a story to tell.  Overall, the move is well under way.  We are checking the to do's off our list, today is Nando's last day at work and they're coming to pack everything up tomorrow. 

The official epic adventure countdown is at 4 days, 17 hours, 53 minutes and 45 seconds.  Right now though I have to admit I'd be happy to skip Peru, Argentina, Brazil and South Africa if it meant I could go straight to the Maldives and do absolutely nothing for a week.  Yes, I know, there are tiny violins everywhere playing a cacophonus symphony of sad music for me right now.  I'm sure once I'm securely fastened into seat 10C of Continental Flight 468 on Saturday morning I will be more than happy to have not skipped any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment